Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feels great to slow down. :)

Hmmm I was going to try and take a photo of my hair. Got it cut and colored today. My hair seems to blend right in with the tiger curtains. lol The curtains are beach towels. I put a hem in them and used them for curtains. I made the lion pillow about 10 years ago. The scarf on the end table is a towel. I got the comforter for the day bed at Wal Mart a long time ago. This is the room that I had to clean up for company April 21 st. Feels great to have it cleaned up. It is not a very big room so kind of hard to get around in it when the day bed is made out. Now I have to clean up the other extra bedroom. Does anyone do like me... move stuff from one room to the next??? hahaha! I am ready to sit back and take it easy for the next couple of days. All I have to do is load everything in the Blazer. Gary will be helping a friend move tomorrow so I will be home alone. :) It seems like since he has retired people are coming out of the woodwork needing something done... friends, neighbors, and people we know. Yesterday he had to weld a tractor for a neighbor, fix my step-dad's stool, and help an elderly lady with her electric lawn mower. Have not helped the kids that much... but really need to find the time to help them a little too.



Wishing all of you a blessed week... and please be careful if you are taking a trip. :) Will be keeping everyone of you in my prayers. Hugs, Janie

16 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a cute room. Your hair looks good too! It always makes us feel better when we get a hair cut I think. Have a great weekend and enjoy some downtime. 'On Ya'-ma

kelly said...

looks good Janie... enjoy your down time.. doesn't come often enough
Kelly~

*Tracy* said...

your room is deffiently different looking lol, love it! nice haircut. hope you have a good weekend. hugs

slj said...

Hi Janie,
Your hair looks great. And yes, I do move stuff from one room to the next...I wonder if that is the scorpio in us? lol...Always trying to find a better solution.
Enjoy a safe and happy Memorial Day!
Hugs, Sheri

Paula said...

I moved a rocking chair and matching foot stool from the living room to the bedroom Thursday to make room for my new recliner. I've already spent my stimulus check and I haven't even got it yet. lol The chair looks better in there anyway. Wow your room reminds me of Africa. Not that I've been there but my son-in-law has.

chefkelly25 said...

Janie your hair looks nice. You should put together a how to craft book to market with all your neat idea's. Glad you have some down time.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

JANIE, I LOVE THAT COZY LITTLE ROOM. IT REMINDS ME OF A HUNTERS LODGE..HAVE FUN...ROBERTA

JOHN said...

Janie,
I enjoyed the pictures of the flag.Will hang ours out tomorrow. and your floral arrangements very nice. You know just hearing that you and Your Husbansd are still singing at the Nursing Home is such a Blessing.Here in Calif.My Govenator wants to cut out alot og I.H.S.S.homecare.And a lot of eldery will be taken from there homes and placed in Facilitys.Upsets me.We need to pray about it.Stop by and say hello when you can

*Tracy* said...

hi friend! i hope things are going good for you and i think of you often even though i dont blog much. hugs

Lucy said...

Hope you are doing ok. Haven't seem you around but I look for you where I go.

JOHN said...

Hello,
Inoticed you haved blogged in awhile.Praying that all is well.Let us know how your all doing.
GOD BLESS

*Tracy* said...

hey janie, just stopping by, miss you! hope u are doing well. hugs

Martha said...

I miss you :(

Linda :) said...

Just stopping by to say Happy Birthday!!
and I miss you... :)

Unknown said...

Yep! I move things from one room to another too. And then? Well I wind up cleaning it too, of course. lol Your hair looks great, but it always does to me. Enjoy your time alone. love you much.

Unknown said...

Janie, So wish you'd email me to say you're okay. I pray you are regaining your closeness to the LORD. Hang in there. It will happen, dear one. He is faithful, will finish what he has started in you. Love you much.